Saturday, September 26, 2015

True stories - chase

True stories - chase

Ever since I left home for Chd, I could always sense the happiness in the voice of Amma and eagerness to speak, whenever you call on her phone.

So, I was quite surprised as to why, early morning at 630, she was in a hurry to hang up the phone. I wasted no time in asking her.

"Today is Thursday...", she answered a bit sheepishly.

Ah! That settles it. Thursday is the day her favourite weekly magazine is released. She hangs around the door from around 6, gets restless and loiters around the front gate from 615-620. Once she even apparently <as dad likes to exaggerate> chased down the newspaper boy, tackling him from behind, pinning him on the ground, to get her hands on the weekly. 

Now I know why dad makes breakfast every Thursday.

#odichittupidichu

No comments:

Post a Comment