Saturday, September 26, 2015

True stories - Soul

True stories - Soul
My fiancée doesn't believe me when I say Kripaharan, sitting in the crowd, wept like a baby when our team came second in the TCS quiz by a point during our 12th standard.
My sister can't understand why Somu the giant (Sreenath), cried his heart out seeing his classmates forfeit the St. Thomas school fest to honourably settle an inter class dispute.
My cousins can't imagine Jacob being hung out of a third floor window of Std 11 for making a fool out of seniors but still remained their favourite junior.
My mom doesn't agree to Robin and Ebi maintaining the best of friendships even after the latter literally knocking the teeth out of the former in a Comp FC vs FC Bio football match.
The society does not approve one of my classmates, co owner of a firm, offering a job to another classmate, a college dropout, and still think he's over-qualified for the job.
My college-mates can't imagine the fact that the first person to get placed from the batch, that too in a prestigious national law institute, was the least studious. He is currently on a soul searching mission in the Himalayas.
Nobody is this whole wide world believed me when I told them about our farewell, when all 43 of us grown up men broke down while taking that candle walk meeting all our teachers.
People don't understand us Loyolites. I don't expect them to. Bcos Loyola was never just a school.
Loyola is an emotion.
Loyola is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment